Kaweka Hospital is delighted to announce the first in a regular series of CME sessions for Hawke’s Bay GPs. The evening seminars begin with presentations from our local team of expert surgeons, followed by time for questions and networking.
The first session on 16th June will focus on General Surgery and Urology and is being held at Porters Hotel, Havelock North from 5.30-7.30pm.
Speakers & topics
Modern strategies in prostate cancer screening
Mr Nelson Wang, MB ChB, FRACS, Urologist
- Initial pitfalls and controversies of PSA screening
- The introduction of new adjuncts to prostate cancer screening
- How I approach prostate cancer screening in 2022
The defective abdominal wall
Mr Andrew Ing, MB ChB, FRACS, General Surgeon
- Exploring symptoms
- Defining anatomy
- Evidence based approach to repair
Common colorectal pathologies and treatment
Mr Bernie McEntee, MB ChB, FRACS, General Surgeon
- Haemorrhoids, Rectal Prolapse, Faecal Incontinence, Anal Fissures: What can the GP do prior to the Surgical appointment and what are the surgical options?
- Colonic Polyps: surveillance intervals after polypectomy
RCNZGP CME points have been applied for.
Drinks and canapes will be served and there is no registration fee.